We compare car insurance quotes from 100+ companies...
Wide variety of insurance options available to help you find a suitable policy
We've served thousands of policies to thousands of happy customers.
Price Comparison Market
10+ years experience in the Price Comparison Market.
Car Insurance Companies
We'll display quotes from 100+ car insurance companies.
One of the most significant factors determining the cost of car insurance is where you live. While motorists in London have the highest car insurance costs, prices have also continued to rise across the UK.
Car insurance prices in Leeds have also risen significantly. As the central hub of West Yorkshire, Leeds is home to around 3 million people, which means that only Greater London has a larger population. It also second only to London as a centre of finance. Lots of professionals choose to make Leeds their home, as well as students, who come to Leeds for the five university campuses on offer. Leeds is also a tourist hotspot, welcoming over 29 million visitors each year. That means there are a lot of drivers and cars coming into Leeds, as well as the surrounding boroughs of Headingley, Armley, Chapeltown, Harehills, and Hunslet.
As Leeds has a large population, this will impact car insurance premiums as larger areas have more drivers and there are likely to be more accidents and more insurance claims. This is also made worse by Leeds' complicated traffic systems, which visitors may not be familiar with! The larger number of younger and less experienced drivers will also affect insurance prices.
A higher crime rate in big cities can also play a part in higher premiums. Where you live specifically in Leeds also has an impact on your insurance as certain postcodes are viewed by insurance companies to pose more of a risk of theft or damage.
Bringing your car insurance costs down
1. Consider parking your car in a garage or secure car park. This will reduce the risk of theft and damage to your vehicle, lowering your quote.
2. Accurately estimate your mileage. Drivers who do more miles are charged higher insurance costs because they are statistically more likely to be involved in an accident. Make sure you're accurately estimating your mileage when you get your quote.
3. Consider installing a black box. New and younger drivers in busy cities can benefit from using driver monitoring devices to assess their road performance. Safer drivers will see lower premiums.
4. Pay for your insurance annually rather than monthly to reduce costs.
5. Make sure you use a price comparison site to ensure that you're getting the best deal for your needs.
Use FreePriceCompare to view the best Leeds car insurance for your needs.