©2012-2016 Freepricecompare.com. broadband, mobiles, banking, insurance, travel and energy utility comparison. RBH LONDON LTD t/a FreePriceCompare.com whose registered office is at 29 Pershore Close, London, IG2 6RR.FreePriceCompare.com is a trading name of RBH LONDON LTD and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) under Firm Reference Number (FRN) 658035. You can check this on the Financial Services Register by visiting the FCA website
We impartially compare
all of these suppliers
Find Our Popular Products Here
What are the different types of pet insurance policies?
Typically there are four types of insurance policies.
- Accident only - covers accident and some health issues. We advise you to read the terms of the policy before you make the purchase
- Maximum benefit - Recommended for short term health issues but you can claim more than once for the same condition.
- Lifetime - As the name suggests, it provides lifetime cover for your pet.
- Time limited - One of the cheapest pet insurance options, as it covers them for a limited amount over a 12 month period. After which, you can no longer claim on the same pet condition and should you decide to renew the pet insurance policy, the pre-existing illness will no longer be eligible.
What is pet insurance?
- Pet insurance provides cover for unfortunate events like your pet falling ill or injuring themselves in an accident
- Insurance policies can also pay-out in case your pet dies, is stolen or lost and/or damages third party property
Will the age of my pet affect the premium amount?
Yes, the older the pet, the higher the premium is likely to be, however this may vary between cover providers.
What else should I watch out for?
Before selecting the level of pet cover you require, you should always read the terms and conditions. Things you should look out for include -
- Travel or holiday cover (foreign cover)
- Dental Cover
- Missing pet cover
- Vet’s Fees
- Kennel and cattery fees
- 100% free for consumers
- Independent and Impartial comparison service
- Quick user-friendly process for getting the best pet insurance quotes
- Simply enter your preferences and we will find the best pet insurance price plans available for you
- We’ll display pet insurance quotes from the UK’s top pet insurance providers such as Petpals Direct, Protect your
- We’ll display all the information about the plan (what is included in the policy) with the price so you can make an informed decision.
- 10+ years’ experience in Price Comparison Market
Want to Buy Pet Insurance? – Check Out The Top Ten Tips
Pet insurance is gaining high popularity as it has become a necessity of today. Veterinary care tends to become expensive with every passing day.Read More [+]
Choosing Pet Insurance – 7 Must Know Tricks to Pay Less
The people of United Kingdom love pets. They are animal loving souls and thus every fourth household has a pet. However, the cost of pet parentingRead More [+]
Pet Insurance – All Your Queries Answered!
Having a pet is one thing and giving it a fulfilled life is another. Raising a pet is a costly affair. Paying for their routine vet visits, injuries, accidentsRead More [+]
Frequently Asked Questions On Pet Insurance
Many pet owners see their pets as an integral part of the family and are keen to insure them against illness or accident.Read More [+]
Is it worth paying for Pet Insurance?
Pet insurance is bought to get a financial support in the event of the pet facing any critical illness, injury or death. It is the best way to arrange for moneyRead More [+]
Pet Insurance - Types and Tips To Make Big Savings
It is an undeniable fact that veterinary fees are increasing with every passing year. Owning a pet may prove expensive if you have not plannedRead More [+]
Trupanion pet insurance announces plans to relocate Ballard headquartersRead More [+]
Is your dog depressed? Pet owners turn to insurance policies to get psychological help for their poorly poochesRead More [+]
Dog Poo Database Aims To Save You from Stepping In Anything GrossRead More [+]
British tourist rescues stray dog that saved her from attack in GreeceRead More [+]
Microchip helps reunite Siberian husky puppy with ownersRead More [+]
The Surprising Household Products That Could Hurt Your CatRead More [+]