Save Up To


On Your Home Insurance

Get A Quote Now 

Retrieve Quotes 

Get cheap home insurance

quotes now

We Compare Over 40+ Home Insurance Providers

Retrieve quote
97% of reviewers recommend us

Home Insurance

Find Our Popular Products Here


There are 2 types of home insurance policies -

  • Buildings insurance – protects the structure of your house/ building. Depending on your insurer your building insurance policy may cover garages, green houses and sheds. However the gate and fences of the property are not covered.
  • Content Insurance – protects personal belongings against theft, and damages against fire and flood. There are two types of content policies 1) New for Old – pays out full amount or a new replacement 2) Indemnity- provides cover against wear and tear on your items.

Is my garage and shed considered a room under my home insurance policy?

No, garages and sheds aren’t considered as rooms under UK home insurance policies however, a conservatory is and therefore a conservatory has the same level of cover as the rest of the property.

Should I buy a joint policy for both buildings and contents cover?

It depends on your personal preferences and circumstances, however if you are a homeowner then it may be good to get a joint policy as it could be a cheaper option for you and you will only have to deal with one cover provider.

Free Price Compare is here to help

Compare Over 40 Home Insurance Providers