We appreciate your participation in our forums, user reviews, and other interactive areas of our website. Please have a read of the following important information…
The forums are provided free of charge for FreePricecompare.com customers/Clients to share experiences and to find help and support.
The Five Community Standards
- Be responsible
- Be respectful
- Be reasonable
- Be legal
- Be up-front
In other words: Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on the right side of the law. Stay on topic. No spam / Junk. Thanks!
– Remember that any advice or information given is the opinion of the forum member. Please be aware that some members may claim expertise or status that they do not possess; it is your sole decision whether you follow any advice. Do not deliberately mislead members with false, inaccurate or incorrect information. Do not provide any opinion unless it is genuinely held. Do not advertise services or attempt to solicit business through the forum area. Do not engage in off-topic political or religious discussion. Do not impersonate a forum member or FreePriceCompare.comemployee.
– Respect all forum members and their opinions. Please do not post duplicate messages or post in capital letters – members regard this as shouting. Do not use obscene language including characters such as *, !, ?, #, or $ to replace letters. Remember that differences of opinion or a misunderstanding can be resolved without name-calling, insults and bullying.
– Do not post any copyrighted, unlawful, defamatory, discriminatory, insulting, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable messages or material. Do not attempt to promote or publicise companies considered to be in direct competition with FreePriceCompare.com. For customer service issues with FreePricecompare.com, please email our team on email@example.com. Please do not post links to alternative forums: it doesn’t really help our members see if/how the problem was resolved.
– Do not make unproven or unfounded allegations against a company or individual. Be very careful using words such as “con”, “scam”, “fraud”, “cheat”, “swindle”, “thieves”, “crooks”, “criminals”, “deceit”
– regardless of the emotion you may be feeling. Consider your words carefully – don’t exaggerate or use innuendo. You are legally responsible for your posts and must be able to prove – in a court of law – that what you are posting has not caused damage to the reputation of the company or individual and is a true statement. Do not post a comment on an upcoming or on-going court case – you may be in contempt of court.
– Email addresses and links to websites should not be posted on the forum. If you wish to contact other forum members – or you are happy for them to contact you – place your details in your profile. These must be personal email addresses or websites and not for commercial or business use. We do allow links to assist with a particular user query or help with further understanding but they must be to independent, governmental or professional bodies only.
We will remove links to auction websites, sites containing ‘Ads by Google’ and any which we consider to be an attempt to generate revenue.
Breaking the Community Standards
If you believe another user has violated these standards, please press the ‘Report Abuse’ button or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org . We will review your report as soon as possible. Please remember that we may not be able to edit or remove a particular message immediately.
Whilst we do not moderate user generated content, we actively monitor postings. Each post expresses the individual views of the author of that particular post and not the views of FreePriceCompare.com, the Community Editor or any entity associated with this website. We may, at any time, and without prior or post warning, close and/or remove discussions on message boards, as we feel appropriate. No discussion will be entered into.
We reserve the right to close, delete, edit, refuse to post, amend, modify or remove (without notice) anything you post at our sole discretion for any reason, including without limitation any posting that in our sole opinion breaches these standards.
You agree that we may disclose your identity (including your name, email address and contact details) if required to do so by law, any court, the Financial Services Authority, the Office of Fair Trading or any other applicable regulatory, compliance, Governmental or law enforcement agency.
Thanks for taking the time to read this. We look forward to reading your posts and hearing about your experiences.
If you have a complaint about a post on this community forum, please feel free to respond directly to any concerns our members have raised – particularly if you feel they are inaccurate, untrue or portray an unfair picture of your company or you as an individual. You may also outline the detail of your complaint in an email to the Community Editor, email@example.com press the ‘Report Abuse’ button on this website.
Please remember that posing as a satisfied customer could mean you are in breach of the Unfair Trading Regulations 2008. Please pay particular attention to ‘Section 5: Misleading actions’.
If you are a media organisation who wishes to speak to our community members, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Unauthorised and unsolicited posts will be removed.
We reserve the right to amend these standards from time to time without notice to you. The amended standards will be effective from the date they are posted on this website. As these standards may be amended from time to time, you should check them whenever you visit this website. Your continued use of this website will constitute your acceptance of the amended standards.