Established in 2010, the Co-operative Energy is a Warwick based popular UK energy supplier and is an official part of the Midcounties Co-operative. As one of the most renowned gas and electricity suppliers, they are successfully providing energy to more than 500,000 customers. Although their name is based on the regional co-operative, they supply energy across the nation, including Wales, Scotland and England.
The independent gas and electricity provider has no shareholders. They are one of the popular public UK energy companies, owned by their customers. The people who purchase energy from the UK energy supplier play a pioneering role in deciding the investment and sharing of profits.
In addition, the members of the company have a say in all their decisions making it a unique energy company with democratic way of operations. The profits are allocated to build up reserves and other activities that are supported by the membership.
Why the Co-operative Energy as your gas and electricity supplier?
- Company owned by the customer
- Offers 100% renewable electricity
- Customers have a fair share in profit sharing and investment
- Consistent tariffs which may not be cheapest but competitive
- Believes in low carbon emission
- Offers Go Green discounts
- Claims fair tax accredition
- Company offers warm home discounts
- Has been awarded multiple times (Consumer Moneyfacts awards 2012 winner as “Best Energy Provider”)
The Co-operative Energy and Customer satisfaction status:
The Co Operative Energy has received many complaints against it. They were not ranked high as a challenger company to the Big Six energy suppliers. However, they are still in the good list of green-minded people as their energy sources are ensuring low carbon content. In Trustpilot website, Cooperative Energy’s customers rated 4.6 out of 10 so it is considered as “Poor”. Around 288 customers posted the reviews and ratings for Co-Operative Energy at Trustpilot website.
You may like: Co-Operative Energy Tariff Cancellation Fees