Step by step Guide – Switching your Business Electricity / Business Gas Supplier.
Energy suppliers have diverse and difficult rules about renewing your business utility (commercial electricity / commercial gas) contract with them. Depending on your current contract, the supplier can write to you up to four months in advance of your renewal date, offering the new rates.
This letter is the start of your renewal window and it’s the opportunity to terminate the contract. FreePriceCompare.com helps 1000s of customers terminate their contract and finds a better deal with an alternative supplier or even the current supplier.
Please note,the roll-over or renewal contract prices can be up to 150% more expensive than the current market price when you fail to negotiate a new contract.
We recognise that running a business is time consuming leaving you with very little time to look at your bills, so why not save time, money and effort by simplifying your search today? At FreePriceCompare.com we remove the hassle by offering a free, impartial & independent service which could save you £1500 (or perhaps even more) off your bills.
Here’s what you need to have ready when you ring us or we ring you
- Your Electricity bill / Gas bill.
- Your current contract end date.
- Your annual spend OR annual energy consumption in kWh.
- Your supply address.
- Renewal letter (if received from your current supplier so we can compare against their quotes)
If you don’t have all of this information we can still get you a quote based on your supply address.
Step 1 – Call us or request a call back
- Call us on – 0203 4757 476.
- Send us your bill.
- Request a call back.
Once you get in touch with us, our friendly staff, based in London, will provide free and impartial advice to get you the best deals available on the market.
Step 2 – Tell us about your business needs and energy requirements.
To find you the best deal it is very important for us to understand your business needs. Finding a best deal is not just about finding the cheapest business energy prices, you may want to consider followings:
- Online account management / e-bills,
- Smart meter,
- One supplier for multiple premises,
- Your business may require green deal(green energy solutions),
- Proffered supplier of your choice,
- Personal account manager,
- Lower standing charge,
- Your payment method preference, such as Direct Debit, cash or cheque
- Best customer service and anything else that’s required by your business, we’ll be happy to discuss and find energy services tailored to your business needs.
Step 3 – Our turn to find you the best business energy quotes for your business.
We have access to pricing for the whole market, including the “Big Six” energy suppliers. This allows us to compare business electricity & business gas prices and tariffs leaving no stone unturned to get the best electricity/ gas deal for your business in the shortest time.
- We will always be independent and impartial quoting the right deal for your business.
- We will be honest and upfront about what we offer and advise
- As per our customer focus, we even tell you if we think there is a better deal to be found elsewhere.
- We never favour one supplier over another – our aim is to deliver according to what our customers need.
- We will give you a variety of options of quotes, explaining the contractual terms.
- We will use plain English so you are able to make an informed decision.
Step 4 – Switching your business electricity / business gas.
Once we have provided you with best quotes for your business utilities, it’s your chances to consider and decide which one is best for you. We strongly advice our clients to make decision as soon as possible as the business energy wholesale market is very volatile and supplier often change prices. – So if you don’t make your decision you could end up losing out and paying more.
Once you have decide and ready to switch – we will take you though Verbal contract as supplier requirement.
As you can expect, we’ll take care of the paperwork, leaving you free to focus on what really matters – growing your business.
What you need to do next
- Terminate your contract with your current supplier – We will provide you a letter that you need to send out to your current supplier via email (recommended) or recorded postal delivery.
- Sign and return LOA (letter of authority) – We will also send you a letter of authority which allows us to act on your behalf if any objection/rejection occurs from your current supplier.
- Wait for your paper contract – You will receive a paper contract directly from your new supplier.
- Take a meter reading – Your old energy supplier will contact you and ask for final meter reading before you switch (meter reading should be taken on last day of your existing contract).
How long it takes to switch to complete.
It takes up to 30 calendar days to switch your business electricity and gas supplier. We will keep you up to date via email and your new supplier will send out contract agreement and schedule. You can apply to switch as early as six months before your current contract end date.
Our future together
Once you’ve switched, we will automatically set up a reminder for you to remind you that your contract is coming up for renewal to ensure you don’t get rolled over to unfavourable rates.
- Our business customer can save up to £2100* off their utility bills.