Read the most frequently asked questions about airport parking; see the answers, compare quotes and find the best deal to suit you.
Is airport parking suitable for me?
When you drive to the airport yourself airport parking can give you peace of mind that your vehicle is safe whilst you’re away; it will also be in a convenient location on your return.
What are the various options?
The types of parking you might want to think about are:
- On-site parking: adjacent to airports and divided into long- and short-term parking options
- Short-term: close to the airport, but you may pay more
- Long-term: further away from the airport terminal but often cheaper
- Off-site parking: offered by airport parking companies, often cheaper than on-site and with a connecting bus service
- Meet-and-greet, also known as valet parking: upon driving to the airport drop-off point, you are met by a representative from the parking company; they will park your car and return it when you land.
Can I combine parking with my accommodation?
It is quite common for a provider to offer a bundle with these two options combined and it can be cheaper too. The hotel will usually be close to the airport.
What do I need to do to book airport parking?
Remember to think about bus transfer times and their frequency if you are parking away from the terminal. The sort of details you need to have to hand are:
- Your name
- Home address and telephone numbers
- Email address
- Payment method
- Car make, model, registration and colour
- Number of people in the vehicle
- Outbound flight number and departure time
- Inbound flight number and arrival time
Is there an average time to allow for transfers?
You will need enough time to park, get to the terminal and check-in.
If you’re parking away from the terminal, it’s important to factor in the frequency of bus shuttle services. You can find out the bus times online from the parking company.
When you return, allow time for collecting your luggage and, if applicable, your bus transfer.
How do I choose the right airport parking company?
It’s a good idea to shop around and find the company most suitable to you. Consider the length of your stay, your budget and the following too:
- Does the company offer a meet-and-greet service?
- Will you have to park and ride?
- Is the car park safe?
- Will you combine airport parking with hotel accommodation for an overnight stay?
Will my vehicle be insured for valet parking?
It is best to carefully read the Terms of your insurance policy details. The cover offered by operators may be quite limited.
Compare Over a Million+ Holidays Deals In Minutes